Meet Colin Smith
Our process is smooth and simple from start to finish:
- Talk with me. I will work with you to help you determine your financing options and answer all your questions.
- Apply Online. Complete your mortgage application at your convenience through our online application.
- Work together through final approval. From the time your application is received, I work with you to ensure you move through the process checkpoints to final approval.
- Closing on your loan. Prior to loan closing, I will review the Closing Disclosure, funds needed and documentation to bring to close with you. On closing day the final documents are signed at the title company and you receive the keys to your new home!
Home Financing Calculators
- Should I refinance?
- How much will my fixed rate mortgage payment be?
- How much will my adjustable rate mortgage payments be?
- How much will my payments be for a balloon mortgage?
- Should I rent or buy?
- Which mortgage is better for me?
- How much will I save by increasing my mortgage payment?
- How much mortgage might I qualify for?
- How much home can I afford?
- Should I consolidate my loans?
2-4 MONTHS FROM MOVING DATE
- Develop a personal checklist, including:
- Features you are looking for in a home
- Personal goals
- Apply at www.loansbycolin.com
- Do not apply for any other credit. You don’t want to have your credit checked unnecessarily which could negatively impact your credit score
- Choose your realtor
- Recommendations for a realtor based on your personal needs can be provided by Colin
- Begin searching for properties with your realtor
1-2 MONTHS FROM MOVING DATE
- View properties with your realtor and choose a home
20-45 DAYS FROM MOVING DATE
- Make an offer on the best house for you
- Home inspection: choose an inspector and schedule an inspection immediately
- Arrange homeowners insurance
- Recommendations on an insurance agent can be provided by Colin
- Monitor mortgage process and provide documents to Colin, as required/requested
21-28 DAYS FROM MOVING DATE
- Start packing
7-14 DAYS FROM MOVING DATE
- Call moving companies to make moving arrangements
- File address changes with financial institutions, creditors, doctors, insurance, bills, post office, friends and family!
- Transfer utilities for your new home into your name
24-48 HOURS BEFORE CLOSING
- Verify any closing details with Colin
- Verify any final mortgage details with Colin and confirm the cash-to-close requirements
- Your realtor will arrange a walkthrough of your new home
- Confirm time, date and location of closing
- Sign final loan documents
- Get the keys to your new home
- File for homestead classification as soon as possible, but no later than December 1st!
About Bell Bank Mortgage
Helping our customers find the smart way home for more than 130 years, Bell Bank Mortgage has a reputation for exceptional service and high integrity standards. Our culture centers on customer care and transparency from first contact. We help simplify what is often a very complex system. Applying for a loan is made easy, as our loan officers walk you through the process and the documents needed to support your loan request. Plus, our state-of-the-art technology helps make the mortgage process as stress-free as possible.
We believe that relationships are the key to our continued success and are dedicated to creating the simplest, fastest, efficient and most satisfying experience for our borrowers. You’ll see the Bell Mortgage difference as soon as you meet with one of our loan officers. We take the time to truly get to know you and your financial situation.
The History of Bell Bank Mortgage
In 2011, Minneapolis-based Bell Mortgage became a part of what was then State Bank & Trust, in a history-making venture for both companies. Bell Mortgage has literally been a part of Minnesota since the state’s infancy. The oldest and largest independent mortgage banking company in Minnesota, it was founded in 1880 by early Minneapolis leader David C. Bell. Since then, Bell Bank Mortgage has added locations throughout the Twin Cities and in Phoenix, developed its own proprietary technology for processing and underwriting, and has thousands of family mortgages to its name.
In 2012, State Bank & Trust rebranded as Bell State Bank & Trust, taking on the Bell name to give a more unique identity to a known and respected regional brand. Bell State Bank & Trust shortened its name to Bell Bank in August of 2016, with the mortgage division becoming Bell Bank Mortgage to simplify the brand while retaining the familiar “trees” logo.
Our Commitment to You
Over the years, we have worked with thousands of individuals and families, making home ownership a reality for them. We would love the opportunity to work with you. At Bell Bank Mortgage, we process, underwrite and close your loan within the walls of our office. In-house administration of your loan means we can ensure a quick, accurate and smooth process all the way to closing day. And we work in harmony with local and national lending sources to find you the best possible rate and terms.